Vision for High School Ministry:
To experience the truth of the Gospel and the love of Jesus in order to build a lasting faith.
Mission for High School Ministry:
Our program is designed to achieve this vision through providing opportunities for relationship, formation, and encounter.
- Relationship: Authentic community is fostered through small groups and relational ministry.
- Formation: Present truthful, relevant and engaging content to form teens in the Catholic faith.
- Encounter: We provide retreats that facilitate life-changing encounters with Christ. They will experience Acts 2:42 "they held steadfastly to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of the bread and to the prayers."
At St. Mary Magdalene, we do not separate “Youth Group (the Way)” and “Confirmation Class.” All high school teens attend “The Way” and receive their required Sacramental formation through their participation in our program.
- The Way: 9th and 10th grade & all Confirmation candidates. Through large and small group interaction, retreats, service projects, and catechetical teaching, adult CORE team leaders help teens deepen their relationship with Jesus.
- Apostello: 11th and 12th grade. Adult CORE team leaders use Scripture and a small group setting to deepen teens’ spirituality. Apostello is a safe, loving environment where teens can share the burdens and celebrations of their daily lives.