At the heart of St. Mary Magdalene is our volunteers. In order to foster a safe environment for our children and youth, all prospective volunteers are screened as required by the Diocese of Raleigh and Safe Environment team at St. Mary Magdalene.
Level C Volunteers:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Allowed unsupervised interaction with children and youth. (Adults attending retreat or field trip with children or youth must have Level C clearance.)
- For Level C clearance:
- Complete the StMM Level C Form and return it to the Safe Environment Coordinator. When the form is returned, you will receive an email with instructions to log in and submit your background check.
- Give the Volunteer Reference Form to the three people listed on your StMM Level C Form. Completed reference forms are returned to the Safe Environment Coordinator.
- Attend Safe Environment Training.
- Applicant will receive an email when approved to volunteer.
Volunteers should keep in mind that:
- All paperwork and verification must be on file prior to volunteering.
- Safe Environment Training is to be renewed each year.
- At least TWO approved volunteers must be present at all times.
- Prior to an event where adults are supervising children or youth, contact the Safe Environment Coordinator to ensure proper clearance of volunteers.
- An adequate number of chaperones is required for youth events. Diocese of Raleigh Youth Ministry guidelines note that one chaperone for every 10 teens is desired. Younger children may need extra chaperones. Both male and female chaperones are necessary for events involving male and female youth.
If you have any questions, contact our parish and school Safe Environment Coordinator:
Bertha Smith, Email, 919-657-4800 x7301